Jane H. Christopherson
Jane Christopherson on Criminal Defense
My practice is built on the defense of criminal cases. I have tried numerous cases before juries involving homicide, sexual assault and non-fatal shootings that resulted in acquittals. As a former prosecutor, I am familiar with how the government tries its cases, which I always attempt to use to the advantage of my clients before charges are issued.
Fundamental to my practice is my belief that my clients understand the system at work in criminal law and how the system can affect them. Educating my clients to understand this is the most fulfilling part of my practice.
- Violent Crimes
- Drug and Firearm Crimes
- Property and Identity Crimes
- Juvenile Crimes
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- US District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Member: Volunteer Lawyers Project, Legal Action of Wisconsin
Education & Professional Highlights
- Marquette University Law School, J.D., 2010
- Arizona State University, B.S., Department of English Certificate: Rhetoric and Composition
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Hanson Memorial Advocates Prize-2016