The primary focus of Marty Meyer’s practice involves advising the owners of real estate and closely-held businesses about a variety of business and legal matters. This includes choosing the appropriate entity to use for a particular business activity and structuring the ownership of the entity; buying, selling and leasing real estate; preparing and reviewing contracts; buying and selling businesses; financing; income tax planning; and structuring transactions. Marty is also a CPA, which gives him an extra set of skills to use in helping clients.
Marty Meyer on Business Law
I enjoy working with entrepreneurs. I appreciate their hard work and ambition, as well as the risks they are willing to take. I like to help them solve problems in a practical and cost-effective manner. I take pride in being part of our client’s team and helping them to succeed.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Captive Insurance Companies
- Real Estate Law
- Business Law
- Limited Liability Companies
- Contract Law
Education & Professional Highlights
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, B.B.A., magna cum laude, 1979
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., 1982
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Bar Admission: State Bar of Wisconsin (Business Law Section; Real Property,
- Probate and Trust Law Section; Taxation Section)
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant, Wisconsin
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, Wisconsin
- Professional Recognition
Rated AV® Preeminent 5.0 out of 5.0 by Martindale-Hubbell, indicating very high to preeminent legal ability and very high ethical standards based on evaluations by peers in the legal profession.
Beyond The Firm
I enjoy spending time with my family and participating in a variety of outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, snowshoeing, hunting, fishing, and boating.